Self Assessment is a system HMRC uses to collect Income Tax. Tax is usually deducted automatically from wages, pensions and savings, but people and businesses with other income must report it in a tax return.
You may need help from an accountant if your return includes:
- Capital Gains Tax if you’ve sold certain things like property or shares
- expenses if you’re an employee or self-employed
- Child Benefit if your income’s over £50,000
- tax on income from renting property
- tax on savings interest
- tax returns for business partnerships
- tax on income from abroad, or on your UK income if you live abroad
IDH Accountancy can calculate your tax liability, and ensure that you are claiming all available allowances, then file your return with HMRC. This service is automatically included in our Total Accounting Solution package.